Gmail does not provide a means to add sender email addresses from its mobile apps. You will need to log into Gmail from your desktop or laptop to set up sending email with your Personyms email address.
Connecting Personyms to Gmail
- In the top right corner of Gmail, click the Gear button and select "settings" from the dropdown.
- Under the "Accounts and Import" tab, click "Add another email address you own" link. This will open a popup.
Fill out the fields in the popup as follows:
- Name: Enter your first and last name
- Email address: Enter your Personyms email address. (e.x. email@example.com)
- Treat as an alias: Leave this box checked
On the "Send mail through your SMTP server" step, fill out the fields as follows:
- SMTP Server: smtp.personyms.com
- Username: Your personyms username
- Password: Your personyms password
- Select "Secured connection using TLS (recommended)"
- On the "Confirm verification and add your email address" page you should see the following text: "Congratulations, we successfully located your other server and verified your credentials. Just one more step!" Check the email inbox where your personyms email is forwarded to. Copy the verification code from the email, paste it into the text box and click "Verify".
- Congratulations! Your Personyms email should now show up under the Settings >> Accounts and Import tab as verified. Click "make default" to send email as your personyms email by default. If you want to selectively choose to send email using your Personyms email, select it from the "from" field when composing email.